the B@tE Series

Friday, January 21, 2005

Kids

just had dinner with my cousin's family.
was really such a wonder seeing her daughter. She's already 2 1/2 years old and so active and curious etc. She's starting to imitate people and to speak with such authority ('look!'). Furthermore it was so fun watching her so engrossed with her toy cooking set. It really doesn't take much to entertain little kids.

makes us see how much we 'progress' and develop as adults. Here I am talking to my cousins about my trip to Sabah and how we've had so many adventures and their daughter is sitting there quietly absorbed in little pieces of plastic. Not that I want to spend my whole life entertained by tinkertoys but I wonder why it is that we're always looking for that next thrill rather than being quietly content with what is happening around us already.

Somewhere along the way we outgrow so many things. No wonder I get so easily bored with mundane stuff. Makes me dread working when I have to do the same thing day in day out over such a long period of time. It's gonna be such a challenge to remain focused on God as our master in the workforce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home