the B@tE Series

Monday, January 31, 2005

Weird Dream

dreamt that I was on a train and I was heading to this small town in some far off place.when I got out of the train and was walking through the station (similar to an MRT/LRT Station), as I looked down I noticed a river running nearby and there were invisible creatures that were transiting between being visible and invisible swimming in the water.

Then (as it was raining) I saw that there were silhouettes of invisible bears running around the place. This worried me but I saw that there was a barrier preventing any bears from entering the station. As I exited the station I made a run for the nearby fast food centre. Inside I found out that the people were living in daily fear as the bears were hungry and prone to attacking people all the time. The only way to avoid this was by walking around in groups that gave them the appearance of being bigger than the bears, which were kodiak sized.

Just at that moment, a family new to the area left the restaurant and travelled in single file to their car. Just as they were getting into the car suddenly dent marks started appearing on the door of the vehicle. A bear was attacking! To escape the family ran back into the fast food place. This caused a wide spread panic and people started running into the back of the fast food centre (some hiding in the kitchen).

Just then a government official arrived with a whole entourage of bodyguards and soldiers. He started walking around the area towards the nearby forests. The soldiers formed a wide ring around him and kept firing into the surrounding area to keep the bears away. This went on for a while and somehow I ended up there in the centre with the official as he walked around talking to the local residents. He asked them how the government could help etc... the usual public niceties, and the proceeded to the local hotel. The soldiers were left in the forests to go hunt the bears (and one slaughtered 14 of them). The moment each animal was killed they would become visible again and so we were confronted by the sheer size of them. They were aided by the rain which allowed them to see where the bears were standing.

When I got into the hotel, my family just happened to be there too. In the hotel room I watched a documentary on how they constructed the train station. They'd chosen the form of the building (much like an MRT/LRT station) so that it would be elevated from the ground and therefore prevent the bears from getting in. I remember thinking that many many workers must have died while working on it. My dad then mentioned to me that there were many abandoned constructions sites all around the area, because they couldn't stop the bears from attacking while they built.

And that's when I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home